A mathematical model for turbulent flows involving supersonic, subsonic and recirculating regions
Publisher: Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California
Written in English
- Fluid dynamics,
- Mathematical models
About the Edition
In connection with the development of a dual chamber rocket, the need arose for a mathematical model capable of simulating the flow field involved. The flow is turbulent and includes supersonic, subsonic and recirculating regions. Such a model is fully described in this report. Turbulence effects are accounted for by an eddy viscosity hypothesis, and by suitable coefficients of mass, energy and entropy transport. It was found that these turbulence effects radically change the elliptically/hyperbolic characteristics of the equations as compared with the classicial case of nonturbulent compressible flow. The equations of momentum, continuity and energy for turbulent flow are shown to be elliptical for both supersonic and subsonic regions. When the second law of thermodynamics is added, the equations assume a parabolic character. This report explains how the field may be subdivied into finite cells and the solution marched downstream cell by cell.
|Statement||by T. H. Gawain|
|Contributions||Naval Postgraduate School (U.S.)|
|LC Classifications||QC880.4 .G38|
|The Physical Object|
|Pagination||vii, 105 p. :|
|Number of Pages||105|
- Trends in characteristics of D.C. jail first-admissions
- Financial planning and social security
- Why the Civil War came
- Androgyny and sex-typing
- Anno decimo Georgii IV ... Cap. 43
- Review of the NALGO welfare fund.
- Encyclopedia of Furniture Making
- Percolated faith
- Why this unemployment?
- Studies in the syntax of the verbal noun in early Latin
- Economic Security and Intergenerational Justice
- agricultural development of Uruguay
- Index on censorship : environment
- century of banking in Wisconsin.
- darker face of the earth
- H.R. 2823--the University Research Facilities Revitalization Act of 1985
- Basic Eye Care
- Medicolegal phases of occupational diseases
- Pugwash andthe ghost ship